Web Writer with Many Hats
Since leaving university Iíve worn many hats. I've been a writer of features and blogs for a whole heap of websites; I've been an online editor - of an international hair website, international education websites, and a whole network of marketing websites; I've done some SEO, content strategy and a dash of IA, and even project managed website redesigns.
- In 2008 I got a real kick at thehairstyler.com writing blogs about hairstyles and getting pretty good at search-optimising them.
- As the online editor at Study Group I had a chance in 2010 to be the lead in a major website redesign. I also learned some valuable HTML and CSS skills.
- In 2011, working mainly as a copywriter for PermissionCorp, I had the opportunity to write some animated videos and collaboarate on TVCs.
I also do some freelance writing around the place- and this is where I get to write about stuff I really like. In 2008 I was part of the editorial team at Gear Patrol, a popular men's lifestyle website, and I've been a contributor to the surfing website Mesurf.
- Writing for Gear Patrol was great - it was an awesome chance to review gear I like (and score a few freebies). My review of Aussie brand Crumpler was a laugh.
- By far the biggest highlight of all was interviewing my idol (and the very famous) surf filmmaker, Taylor Steele. He makes amazing films and it was awesome to chat with him. Check out the interview on Mesurf...